Speech-Language Pathology & SLPA Jobs
As a speech-language pathologist (SLP) or speech-language pathologist assistant (SLPA), we know that no two days look alike for you. With a wide variety of speech conditions, students rely on your expertise to offer the best care and treatment options while being sensitive to cultural influences.
You can rely on the expertise of Bilingual Therapies to find you SLP jobs that match your evolving career goals. With opportunities across the country, our dedicated team will help you find the perfect fit so you can stay focused on offering the best care to your students.
Speech-Language Pathologists & SLPA Responsibilities
SLPs are experts in communication. They seek to prevent, assess, diagnose and treat various speech-related disorders. The tasks of an SLPA are determined by a supervising licensed SLP. Such responsibilities may include assisting the SLP with assessments, translating and documentation. These professionals serve a wide range of disorders involving language including articulation, fluency and swallowing. By providing these services, SLPs and SLPAs present a world of opportunity by supporting students who face the challenge of language disorders.
Speech-Language Pathologists & SLPA Requirements
Speech-Language Pathology requires a variety of certifications and educational achievements. Upon completing an undergraduate program in communication sciences and disorders, the next requirement will be to obtain a degree in Speech-Language Pathology/Communicative Sciences and Disorders, from a graduate program accredited by the CAA. To obtain this degree, supervised clinical experiences and clinical practicum hours will be required. The specific hours may vary according to state. Fellowship hours will also be required to obtain SLP licensure, which also varies according to location. Passing the national exam, Education Testing Service’s Praxis II: Subject Assessment in Speech-Language Pathology, will be required before applying for state licensure as an SLP. From there, it is highly encouraged to earn a professional certification from ASHA to assist with career advancement, job mobility and salary supplements.
Speech-Language Pathologists & SLPA Salary and Job Outlook
This profession is anticipated to experience exponential growth due to increased awareness of speech and language disorders. According to the BLS, SLP employment is expected to increase by 25% from 2019 to 2029, which is a faster rate than most professions. SLP salaries greatly vary depending on industry as well as geographic location. In general, school-based SLPs have excellent salaries.
SLP Teletherapy Jobs
In addition to onsite SLP job opportunities, we offer teletherapy positions. With a remote SLP position, you are able to help bilingual students no matter where they are located. Click here to search our SLP teletherapy job opportunities.
Browse through our available SLP jobs as well as our SLPA job opportunities to find the perfect match that will meet your individual career goals. With the Bilingual Therapies family on your side, you can count on us to help you succeed in every chapter of your speech-language pathology career.Read Less
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Virginia Speech Therapist (Virtual) - Full Time | K-12
Why should you have to choose between a rewarding career helping students and working from the comfort of your home? You shouldn't have to. Choose both! Choose Teletherapy!
Bilingual Therapies has 10+ years of experience connecting qualified Speech Pathologists with school districts all across the country, and providing the platform and support necessary to make teletherapy possible.
Currently we have partnered with an established district in Maryland seeking a full time therapist for the 22/23 school year. While the district would prefer a Speech Pathologist already licensed in Virginia, they are willing to consider candidates already licensed in states that hold reciprocity with Virginia.
- 22/23 School Year (August Start Date)
- Full Time: 37.5 hours per week, M-F
- Caseload K-12
- General Job Functions: Caseload Management, Evaluations (both initial and re-evaluations), report writing, attending IEP meetings
- Master’s degree in communication sciences and Disorders or Speech Language Pathology
- Bilingual NOT required
- Active State Licensure in either Virginia, or a state that has reciprocity with Virginia.
- ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence
- Clinical Fellows are unable to be supported or supervised while on remote assignments. BUT - if you would like assistance finding placement onsite for your CFY, I am happy to help. Additionally- once you've completed your CFY, we can discuss avenues to shift you to remote work if that's something you're interested in!
- 2 years of independent schools experience preferred - not required
- Access to stable home internet with reliable computer- no tablets or Chromebooks- they cannot support our remote platform - or the willingness to upgrade to a compatible device upon job offer.
- Comfortability with 1099 contract status
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Working knowledge and implementation of the 504/Individualized Education Program (IEP) process.
- Working knowledge of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and due process requirements.
- Working knowledge of reasonable accommodation guidelines under section 504 of the American's with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Provide standardized assessments, evaluations, guidance and documentation of eligibility for students with speech disorders, delays, and other concerns.
- Collaborate with special and regular education teachers, administrators, 504, and IEP team members (including other treatment specialists) in designing and providing recommendations for students referred for Speech Services.
Pay is variable depending upon individual budgets at the school level, as well as your unique qualifications and experience. I'd be happy to go over rates with you on an individual basis!
If you'd like to learn more about this opening, or any others we may have available that would be a good fit for you, please apply today or give me a call!
Carlos Eliseo – Senior Account Executive