Virginia Speech Therapist (Virtual) - Full Time | K-12
Why should you have to choose between a rewarding career helping students and working from the comfort of your home? You shouldn't have to. Choose both! Choose Teletherapy!
Bilingual Therapies has 10+ years of experience connecting qualified Speech Pathologists with school districts all across the country, and providing the platform and support necessary to make teletherapy possible.
Currently we have partnered with an established district in Maryland seeking a full time therapist for the 22/23 school year. While the district would prefer a Speech Pathologist already licensed in Virginia, they are willing to consider candidates already licensed in states that hold reciprocity with Virginia.
- 22/23 School Year (August Start Date)
- Full Time: 37.5 hours per week, M-F
- Caseload K-12
- General Job Functions: Caseload Management, Evaluations (both initial and re-evaluations), report writing, attending IEP meetings
- Master’s degree in communication sciences and Disorders or Speech Language Pathology
- Bilingual NOT required
- Active State Licensure in either Virginia, or a state that has reciprocity with Virginia.
- ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence
- Clinical Fellows are unable to be supported or supervised while on remote assignments. BUT - if you would like assistance finding placement onsite for your CFY, I am happy to help. Additionally- once you've completed your CFY, we can discuss avenues to shift you to remote work if that's something you're interested in!
- 2 years of independent schools experience preferred - not required
- Access to stable home internet with reliable computer- no tablets or Chromebooks- they cannot support our remote platform - or the willingness to upgrade to a compatible device upon job offer.
- Comfortability with 1099 contract status
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Working knowledge and implementation of the 504/Individualized Education Program (IEP) process.
- Working knowledge of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and due process requirements.
- Working knowledge of reasonable accommodation guidelines under section 504 of the American's with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Provide standardized assessments, evaluations, guidance and documentation of eligibility for students with speech disorders, delays, and other concerns.
- Collaborate with special and regular education teachers, administrators, 504, and IEP team members (including other treatment specialists) in designing and providing recommendations for students referred for Speech Services.
Pay is variable depending upon individual budgets at the school level, as well as your unique qualifications and experience. I'd be happy to go over rates with you on an individual basis!
If you'd like to learn more about this opening, or any others we may have available that would be a good fit for you, please apply today or give me a call!
Carlos Eliseo – Senior Account Executive
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled