Sunnyvale, California~ Work from Home School Speech Language Pathologist
The Speech Pathologist provides support and conducts student assessments in all areas of communication development. Working in cooperation with network supervisors, teachers, parents, and students, the Speech Pathologist is responsible for providing diagnostic and intervention services for students with speech, language, and hearing disorders to improve the communication development and ensure access to the general education curriculum.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the planning and provision of speech and language therapy for children that includes assistive technology, augmentative communication, social language development, articulation, voice, oral motor, feeding, delayed receptive and language.
- Perform appropriate diagnostic and evaluative testing.
- Present well-constructed, thoughtful, thorough, insightful reports related to completed assessments and observations of students.
- Responsible for the development of Individualized Education Programs (IEP’s) and related documentation for speech and language services.
- Maintain adequate records of treatment and data of the IEP objectives for the students being served.
- Participate in the screening and identification of students.
- Meet with parents and advise them of their child’s areas of need and progress of development.
- Make recommendations for the level and frequency of services as related to the areas of need in the IEP.
- Work with and assist other team members with providing necessary carry-over of strategies and skills into all other areas of the students learning opportunities.
- Assist individuals in understanding the types and severity of communication disorders.
To learn more about this Speech Language Pathologist in California or other jobs in your area, please submit an application and current resume. We look forward to working with you!
*This is a Remote 1099 Position*
*This candidate does NOT have to be bilingual*
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled