Speech-Language Pathology & SLPA Jobs
As a speech-language pathologist (SLP) or speech-language pathologist assistant (SLPA), we know that no two days look alike for you. With a wide variety of speech conditions, students rely on your expertise to offer the best care and treatment options while being sensitive to cultural influences.
You can rely on the expertise of Bilingual Therapies to find you SLP jobs that match your evolving career goals. With opportunities across the country, our dedicated team will help you find the perfect fit so you can stay focused on offering the best care to your students.
Speech-Language Pathologists & SLPA Responsibilities
SLPs are experts in communication. They seek to prevent, assess, diagnose and treat various speech-related disorders. The tasks of an SLPA are determined by a supervising licensed SLP. Such responsibilities may include assisting the SLP with assessments, translating and documentation. These professionals serve a wide range of disorders involving language including articulation, fluency and swallowing. By providing these services, SLPs and SLPAs present a world of opportunity by supporting students who face the challenge of language disorders.
Speech-Language Pathologists & SLPA Requirements
Speech-Language Pathology requires a variety of certifications and educational achievements. Upon completing an undergraduate program in communication sciences and disorders, the next requirement will be to obtain a degree in Speech-Language Pathology/Communicative Sciences and Disorders, from a graduate program accredited by the CAA. To obtain this degree, supervised clinical experiences and clinical practicum hours will be required. The specific hours may vary according to state. Fellowship hours will also be required to obtain SLP licensure, which also varies according to location. Passing the national exam, Education Testing Service’s Praxis II: Subject Assessment in Speech-Language Pathology, will be required before applying for state licensure as an SLP. From there, it is highly encouraged to earn a professional certification from ASHA to assist with career advancement, job mobility and salary supplements.
Speech-Language Pathologists & SLPA Salary and Job Outlook
This profession is anticipated to experience exponential growth due to increased awareness of speech and language disorders. According to the BLS, SLP employment is expected to increase by 25% from 2019 to 2029, which is a faster rate than most professions. SLP salaries greatly vary depending on industry as well as geographic location. In general, school-based SLPs have excellent salaries.
SLP Teletherapy Jobs
In addition to onsite SLP job opportunities, we offer teletherapy positions. With a remote SLP position, you are able to help bilingual students no matter where they are located. Click here to search our SLP teletherapy job opportunities.
Browse through our available SLP jobs as well as our SLPA job opportunities to find the perfect match that will meet your individual career goals. With the Bilingual Therapies family on your side, you can count on us to help you succeed in every chapter of your speech-language pathology career.Read Less
Speech Language Pathologist- Remote Opportunity - Indiana
K-12 Remote SLP Opening - Indiana
Indiana - Speech Pathologist needed for Remote position - Full Time
Indiana School Speech Pathologist: Remote Contract Position
Online School Speech Therapist 2021-2022
K-12 Speech Therapist: Remote Contract Position
Fort Wayne, IN
Speech Language Pathologist | Teletherapy | Indiana
Indianapolis , IN
Lafayette, Indiana - Remote Speech Language Pathologist Opportunity
Lafayette , IN
Remote Speech Language Pathologist Opportunity - Gary, Indiana
SLP | Virtual School Opening | Hammond, Indiana
Hammond , IN
Bloomington, Indiana | Virtual School Opening | SLP
Bloomington , IN
Virtual School Opening | SLP | Fishers, Indiana
Fishers , IN
South Bend, Indiana | 100% Remote Opportunity for SLP
South Bend , IN
100% Remote Opportunity for SLP ~ Carmel, Indiana
Evansville, Indiana | Speech Language Pathologist | Work From Home
Evansville , IN
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Speech Language Pathologist- Remote Opportunity - Indiana
Bilingual Therapies has partnered with a popular school district located in the Indianapolis, IN area. The district is looking for an SLP who can work Online.
- Speech Language Pathologist License
- Master’s Degree
- Working knowledge of federal laws, state guidelines and local district policies.
- Knowledge of diagnostic procedures, instructional and behavioral modifications and adaptations.
- Thorough knowledge of communication disorders including language; phonological processes and articulation; voice and fluency.
- One year supervised clinical speech-language pathology experience
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct independent evaluation to assess students with speech or language disorders and conditions and provide appropriate individual and group therapy to students consistent with speech and language goals contained in individual Education Plans (IEP). Evaluate student progress and make determination regarding therapy services.
- Develop clinical management strategies or procedures and diagnostic statements
- Participate in the Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee. Assist in interpretation of assessment data, appropriate placement, and goal setting for students with communication disorders or conditions according to district procedures.
- Consult with colleagues, students, and parents regarding the accomplishment of therapy goals, the needs of the student, and involvement in remedial process.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to plan and implement classroom activities to improve communication skills of students.
- Provide professional development in assigned schools to help school personnel identify and work more effectively with students with communication deficits.
The director is ready to review resumes and interview candidates, apply today for immediate consideration. Applications can be submitted below, or for a quick response, email your resume directly to Cirene Fuentes, Recruitment Manager.
Cirene Fuentes – Recruitment Manager
E-mail: [email protected]