Speech Language Pathologist Needed - Remote Opportunity!
Bilingual Therapies has partnered with a popular school district located in the Minneapolis, MN area. The district is looking for an SLP who can work Online.
- Education/Certification: Master’s Degree in Speech/Language Pathology ASHA Certification, Minnesota licensure
- Working knowledge of federal laws, state guidelines and local district policies
- Knowledge of diagnostic procedures, instructional and behavioral modifications and accommodations
- Thorough knowledge of communication disorders including all areas of language, phonological processes, articulation, voice and fluency
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Practicum or previous employment in public school setting (preferred)
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assume responsibility for the organization and operation of work within the area of supporting students and staff working with special education students following federal program guidelines as directed by the district
- Review each referral prior to evaluation to make sure the student records are complete, including parent permission. Request outside data as needed
- Discuss the student’s overall performance with the teacher
- Secure services of district’s special evaluation teams as needed
- Facilitate case management through involvement with the building evaluation team meetings, consultation with parents and teachers, observation and IEPs
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled