Special Education Teacher Arizona
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To plan for and to provide appropriate learning experiences and educational opportunities for students with disabilities assigned to the classroom.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts assessments, testing and diagnostic examinations of students for the purpose of identifying learning issues, and recommending courses of action or corrective procedures to overcome issues and maximize learning.
- Participates in PPT's and assists in developing Individual Educational Plans ("IEP") for students.
- Assists students and teaching staff in implementing students' IEP's and behavior management plans.
- Coordinates with outside agencies, organizations and institutions, including state and federal authorities as needed.
- Coordinates with administrators and other teaching staff members to ascertain individual student's abilities and needs, including students with special needs, and to familiarize stakeholders with social work services.
- Communicates, collaborates, and cooperates with colleagues, supervisors, and students
- Demonstrates command of school subject(s) being taught.
- Develops, selects and modifies lessons and materials to meet individual student needs
- Plans and implements developmentally appropriate interactive learning experiences.
Supervises classroom, students, paraprofessional (if applicable), and volunteers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in applicable field of education from a Professional Standards Commission (PSC)-approved college or university required. Must have valid in-field teaching certificate. Previous teaching experience preferred. Experience in teaching in Special Education preferred.
Performance of this job shall be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the board's policy on evaluation of certified personnel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: To perform the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, or hear. Lifting up to 30 pounds may be required on an occasional basis. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision and distance vision.
The director is ready to review resumes and interview candidates, apply today for immediate consideration. Applications can be submitted below, or for a quick response, email your resume directly to Cirene Fuentes, Recruitment Manager.
Cirene Fuentes – Recruitment Manager
E-mail: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled