School Psychologist- Webster, Indiana
A great school district in Webster, Indiana is looking for a School Psychologist! The position is Full-Time for the 2021-2022 school year. Bilingual Therapies is ready to partner with you in this next step in your career!
- Conducts psychological assessments, testing, and diagnostic examinations of students for the purpose of recommending courses of action or corrective procedures to maximize learning and overcoming psychological issues.
- Conducts individual, group or facilitative therapy for students whose diagnosed problems would benefit from behavior modification or differentiated instruction.
- Assists with the identification and placement of all types of exceptional students.
- Coordinates with administrators and other teaching staff members to ascertain individual student's abilities and needs, including students with special needs, and to familiarize stakeholders with psychological services.
- Attends meetings as needed for students with special needs.
- Serves as a resource and consultant on mental health and child psychology, conducts in-service programs as requested.
- Assists with the school district's dropout prevention efforts.
- Serves as ready resource to students to provide counseling that will lead each student to increased personal growth, self-understanding, and maturity.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops, or professional meetings, or by conducting research, and by maintaining professional relationships.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping and providing student information to prospective colleges and employers, as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
- Certified or eligible to be certified as a School Psychologist by the Indian State Department of Education
- Previous experience with K-12 age students
- Technology skills (web-based applications, iPad applications, Excel, Microsoft Word, data collection tools).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled