Residential Aide in Shelter Facility - Chicago
A homeless shelter in Chicago is looking for a residential aides!
- Provide exceptional customer service to all resident and guests
- Treat guests in a culturally sensitive manner
- Facilitate client intake and departure processes, as required by policy
- Conduct periodic walking inspections of all areas of the facility, for the purpose of identifying and initiating appropriate action (correction, reporting, etc.) of hazards, inappropriate behavior, needed repairs, or other notable condition
- Assist residents/guests to ensure a safe environment, including compliance with rules and policies
- Respond to emergency situations that may arise, making independent decisions within policy guidelines, as necessary
- Provide crisis intervention and institute security and safety procedures should a critical or threatening situation arise
- Support and supervise volunteers
- Assist with the orientation and training of new staff and volunteers
- Work cooperatively with other staff and programs
- Represent programs to other community agencies and representatives in a respectful and positive manner
- Participate in staff meetings
- Maintain service records and required forms and reports in prescribed format
- Comply with shelter procedural requirements, including those set forth in the Policy & Procedure Manual and Employee Handbook
- Provide timely and appropriate notification to police, fire, emergency medical and supervisory authorities
- Perform other duties as requested
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Ability to stan/sit/walk for extended periods of time
- First aid and CPR/AED certified a plus
- Preferred experience working with vulnerable populations, customer service, living facilities or security.
We offer a competitive compensation package including benefits and weekly pay.
If this interests you or you know someone that would be a good fit, please apply to the link with a copy of your resume. Applications without a resume will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled