NEW! Special Education Teacher - Central Arizona
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject areas assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in a global society.
- Bachelors Degree
- Valid Arizona teaching certificate for subject/level assigned
- Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skill
At least one year of student teaching or approved internship
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop and implement plans for the curriculum program assigned and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Present the subject matter according to guidelines established by Arizona Department of Education, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Access and use available data to plan and implement appropriate instructional/learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect accommodation for individual needs of students assigned (i.e. gifted and talented, bilingual/ESL, 504, etc).
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers/staff to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established by Individual Education Plans (IEP).
Classroom Management and Organization:
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom and other areas as appropriate in accordance with Student Code of Conduct, board policies, administrative regulations, and/or IEP.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Must maintain emotional control and exercise reasoning and problem solving skills while under stress. Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written). Should be able to interpret procedures and analyze data for decision-making. Frequent in-district and occasional in-state or national travel. Occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
Safety: Perform all duties in a safe and responsible manner. Observe all safety precautions
The director is ready to review resumes and interview candidates, apply today for immediate consideration. Applications can be submitted below, or for a quick response, email your resume directly to Cirene Fuentes, Recruitment Manager.
Cirene Fuentes – Recruitment Manager
E-mail: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled