Needed NOW!! - Special Education Teacher - Contract
Provide special education students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the most appropriate environment designed to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth; develop/modify curricula and prepare lessons and teacher instructional materials according to ability levels; work in self-contained, team, departmental, or itinerant capacity as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Valid Arizona Teacher's Certificate with appropriate endorsement for teaching area
- Ability to develop IEP and participate in ARD process;
- Knowledge of curriculum;
- Knowledge of special needs of students;
- Knowledge of policies and practices addressing specific duties and responsibilities of assigned position, i.e. Lead Special Education Teacher, Teacher of the Visually Impaired, Adaptive Physical Education Teacher.
At least one (1) year of student teaching or approved internship
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Collaborate with parents and staff in the development of IEPs.
- Develop and implement social and academic programs according to IEPs.
- Prepare for classes assigned and show evidence of preparation.
Student Growth and Development:
- Consistently assess student progress through formal/informal testing.
- Consistently assess and modify classroom environment to maximize student success.
- Present positive role model for students that supports the mission of the school district.
- Provide or seek sources to aid students in dealing with emotional/physical needs that must be met before learning can take place.
- Provide positive and successful opportunities for students to develop positive self-esteem.
- Provide or supervise personal care or medical care of students as stated in IEP.
- Assist special needs students with individual tasks as may be required including, but not limited to:
- transferring to and from wheelchairs
- lifting, positioning
- bathroom needs
- personal hygiene
- behavior management
- other personal care needs
Classroom Management and Organization:
- Create a safe and positive classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the cognitive, physical, social, and emotional development of the students.
- Manage student behavior and administer discipline according to IEP.
- Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Plan and supervise activities for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteer(s).
- Communicate effectively and professionally with students, parents, personnel from community agencies, and other professional staff in the education, care, and management of students.
- Provide on-going training, consultation, and support to school personnel.
- Create positive team approach to inclusive educational settings.
Professional Growth and Development:
- Participate in in-district in-service training.
- Demonstrate interest in professional improvement.
- Keep informed of, and comply with, all campus, district, state, and federal policies and regulations.
- Complete and maintain all reports, records, and documents.
- Attend and participate in faculty/staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- Adhere to the Professional Code of Ethics.
The director is ready to review resumes and interview candidates, apply today for immediate consideration. Applications can be submitted below, or for a quick response, email your resume directly to Cirene Fuentes, Recruitment Manager.
Cirene Fuentes – Recruitment Manager
E-mail: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled