Homeless Shelter Supervisor
Homeless Shelter Supervisor - Chicago
There is an opportunity available in Chicago, IL for a Shelter Supervisor position at a homeless shelter.
- Coordinate with City of Chicago Department of Family and Support Services (DFSS) staff and other City of Chicago officials/departments
- Provide coverage for the general welfare and safety of the shelter residents, staff, and volunteers
- Provide exceptional customer service to all resident and guests
- Provide crisis prevention and intervention as needed
- Complete routine resident and facility checks to ensure that residents are not at risk and that the facility is free of potential hazards (leaks, fire, destruction of property, etc.)
- Ensure nightly head count is completed (evening shift) and complete reports as assigned
- Record incidents and residents’ grievances in logbook and on incident report
- Assign work-related projects to program aides, security, and maintenance as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested
- First aid and CPR/AED certified a plus
- March 1, 2021, possibility to extend
- Must be comfortable with varied shifts 7a-3:30p, 3p-11:30p, and 11p-7:30a
- Notify Shelter Manager of adjustments to staff scheduling to accommodate illness, etc.
- Supervise program aides, security, and maintenance to ensure that they are meeting goals and performing their duties and discuss with Shelter Manager
- With the approval of the Shelter Manager, remove staff from duty for cause
- Ensure that all necessary information is communicated to shelter staff as policy and procedures change
- Assist Shelter Manager as needed in completing documentation relevant to resident and facility reporting
- Ability to stand/sit/walk for extended periods of time
- Minimum two years of experience working in a residential facility, preferably experience working with individuals currently, or formerly, experiencing homelessness, mental health and substance abuse issues, and some supervisory experience
- Must have good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both written and oral
- Ability to handle and prevent crisis situations with minimal supervision
- Must have some computer skills and be able to formulate incident reports
Apply for this position, or send your resume to Sarah Kafer (Email found on application page) or call 770-325-0234.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled