Contract - Special Education Teacher - Near Phoenix, AZ
Primary Purpose: Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
Valid Arizona teaching certificate with required special education endorsements for assignments
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborate with students, parents, and other members of staff to develop IEP through the ARD Committee process for each student assigned.
- Implement accommodations through the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework.
- Implement evidence-based strategies across school settings to address academic, social, or behavioral needs of student.
- Update documentation for data tracking, IEP goals, and minutes.
- Design instruction to meet individual needs based on data analysis.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and capabilities of each student assigned.
- Implement district approved curriculum across school settings.
- Implement co-teaching models across school settings when serving in general education settings.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Engage students in data conversations on their progress.
CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATION
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior and administer discipline. This includes intervening in crisis situations and physically restraining students as necessary according to IEP.
- Consult with classroom teachers regarding management of student behavior according to IEP.
- Provide flexible academic and behavioral supports in multiple classrooms, in multiple subject areas, and for multiple students.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Follow Special Education Program Guide based on your assigned teaching position.
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Keep informed of and comply with federal, state, district, and school regulations and policies and standards for professional conduct for special education teachers.
- Respect cultural and linguistic diversity.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and district teacher professional learning opportunities.
- Plan and supervise assignments for teacher aide(s)
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Constant hearing, seeing, and speaking
- Frequent standing, walking, and sitting
- Occasional bending, pushing, reaching, climbing, and lifting
The director is ready to review resumes and interview candidates, apply today for immediate consideration. Applications can be submitted below, or for a quick response, email your resume directly to Cirene Fuentes, Recruitment Manager.
Cirene Fuentes – Recruitment Manager
E-mail: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled