Find an Education Job With Bilingual Therapies
Working in the field of education is like no other, and no day is ever the same. You can see students learn and grow before your eyes; the rewards are tangible and instant.
At Bilingual Therapies, we know the ins and outs of education, and can guide you through your entire job-search journey.
We have an unparalleled passion for helping those in our community succeed, and can help you find the education job you desire. With expansive knowledge, exceptional guidance, and vital career resources, Bilingual Therapies is the family you can count on to carry you to your dreams.
Types of School Jobs We Offer
- Speech Language Pathology and SLPA - SLPs and SLPAs assess, diagnose, and treat communication, language, and speech disorders in students.
- School Psychologist - School psychologists maximize student success in academics, behavior, and social interactions by implementing customized interventions.
- Special Education Teacher - Special education teachers personalize and individualize instruction for students, tailoring their approach to each child’s strengths and needs.
- Sign Language Interpreter - SLIs help students with hearing loss or impairments understand spoken language, as the SLI relays the verbal communication to students through sign language.
- School Occupational Therapist and COTA - School OTs and COTAs help students in academic and non-academic settings, focus attention, and build concentration to achieve optimal success.
- School-Based Physical Therapist - School-based PTs assist students to physically access the educational environment to the fullest extent, throughout the school day.
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher - DHH teachers instruct students with hearing loss and impairments to acquire communication and social skills and develop self-advocacy.
- Teacher of the Visually Impaired - TVIs provide instruction to students with vision loss or impairments while supporting teachers and ensuring that visually-impaired students gain academic and life skills.
- Teletherapy - Teletherapy providers work remotely in many different fields, serving students across the country via a device with an online connection.
Whichever position you seek, the vibrant Bilingual Therapies community is here for you: search our listings for the perfect education job today.Read Less
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Virginia Speech Therapist (Virtual) - Full Time | K-12
Why should you have to choose between a rewarding career helping students and working from the comfort of your home? You shouldn't have to. Choose both! Choose Teletherapy!
Bilingual Therapies has 10+ years of experience connecting qualified Speech Pathologists with school districts all across the country, and providing the platform and support necessary to make teletherapy possible.
Currently we have partnered with an established district in Maryland seeking a full time therapist for the 22/23 school year. While the district would prefer a Speech Pathologist already licensed in Virginia, they are willing to consider candidates already licensed in states that hold reciprocity with Virginia.
- 22/23 School Year (August Start Date)
- Full Time: 37.5 hours per week, M-F
- Caseload K-12
- General Job Functions: Caseload Management, Evaluations (both initial and re-evaluations), report writing, attending IEP meetings
- Master’s degree in communication sciences and Disorders or Speech Language Pathology
- Bilingual NOT required
- Active State Licensure in either Virginia, or a state that has reciprocity with Virginia.
- ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence
- Clinical Fellows are unable to be supported or supervised while on remote assignments. BUT - if you would like assistance finding placement onsite for your CFY, I am happy to help. Additionally- once you've completed your CFY, we can discuss avenues to shift you to remote work if that's something you're interested in!
- 2 years of independent schools experience preferred - not required
- Access to stable home internet with reliable computer- no tablets or Chromebooks- they cannot support our remote platform - or the willingness to upgrade to a compatible device upon job offer.
- Comfortability with 1099 contract status
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Working knowledge and implementation of the 504/Individualized Education Program (IEP) process.
- Working knowledge of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and due process requirements.
- Working knowledge of reasonable accommodation guidelines under section 504 of the American's with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Provide standardized assessments, evaluations, guidance and documentation of eligibility for students with speech disorders, delays, and other concerns.
- Collaborate with special and regular education teachers, administrators, 504, and IEP team members (including other treatment specialists) in designing and providing recommendations for students referred for Speech Services.
Pay is variable depending upon individual budgets at the school level, as well as your unique qualifications and experience. I'd be happy to go over rates with you on an individual basis!
If you'd like to learn more about this opening, or any others we may have available that would be a good fit for you, please apply today or give me a call!
Carlos Eliseo – Senior Account Executive