Public Health Nurse II
The Department of Public Health in Chicago,IL is requesting temporary services to assist with the implementation of an online parental consent process for Chicago Public Schools to facilitate in school immunization services to students provided by the CDPH CareVan. In addition, promote and develop vaccine acceptance and knowledge among CPS parents for school mandated and non mandated vaccines including HPV vaccine and influenza vaccine.
- Assist CareVan staff with the implementation of a novel technological solution to improve vaccination coverage among adolescents attending CPS school located vaccination clinics
- Serve as liaison between CPS and CDPH to improve school located Care Van event coordination
- Assess patient's current health and health history prior to vaccine administration
- Provide safe, clean,and effective work environment in accordance with CDPH policy and current OSHA guidelines
- Administer vaccine in accordance with CDH policy and procedures
- Follow Medical Standing Order for administering vaccines, emergency procedures sand the administration of emergency response drugs
- Increase vaccination coverage for HPV and influenza vaccines
- Conduct parent focused and student focused education about the importance of vaccines
- Track the implementation of all planned activities and collect data to be analyzed
- Assist CDPH by building relationships with CPS staff at sites visited by the CareVan Staff
You don’t have to do it alone! We offer Full Time benefits, 401K plans, and relocation reimbursement for traveling therapist/educators!
Feel free to contact me with any questions!
If this opportunity isn’t for you, please don’t hesitate to contact me for additional opportunities.
Jasmine Clark || Educational Talent Developer | Local: (770)-799-2960
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled