Bilingual Speech Therapist Opportunity near Detroit, MI
Speech Therapist Opportunity near Detroit, MI
Provide instruction, supervise and coordinate the language & speech program in collaboration with general education staff.
- Conduct assessment of pupils suspected of having an impairment of language, speech, or hearing.
- Screen students for the purpose of determining the need for further individualized assessment.
- Develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and provide specialized instruction and services for pupils with disorders of language, speech and hearing in accordance with their IEPs.
- Monitor pupil progress on a regular basis as related to the IEP.
- Participate in the review and revision of IEPs.
- Serve as case manager for pupils enrolled only in the LSH program in coordination with the pupil¡¦s general education program.
- Consult with school personnel, parents, and various community agencies to improve the quality of student outcomes, develop solutions, and plan curriculum
- Supervise student activities for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Direct instructional assistants, volunteers, and/or student aides in implementing the LSH program.
- Participate in student study team meetings, parent conferences and site meetings for the purpose of exchange of information.
- Maintain required records and complete reports for program, including Medi-Cal billing.
- Conduct hearing screening tests for referred students; prepare annual state report.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Masters Degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Current Michigan SLP license
- Some school based experience preferred
For employment consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com or contact Amy Gomez at 770-225-3017 if you have questions about this opportunity or other positions in your area.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled