SLP Opening in School near Los Angeles
Bilingual Therapies has an opening for a School SLP in the Los Angeles area. The Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for diagnosing speech and language disorders and for providing professional services to students through assessment, planning, goal development and provision of appropriate intervention services designed to enable students to access the general education curriculum.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Response to Intervention and participating as assigned with the school team to plan and implement interventions at all tier levels according to student need;
- Assesses, screens, and evaluates students and effectively shares results with parents and educational staff, and participates in the eligibility determination process in accordance with state and school division requirements and best practice;
- Develops and implements Individual Education Plans (IEPs) for students with Speech/Language Impairment and assists with IEPs for students with speech/language as a related service, on an annual basis or according to requirements;
- Responsible for hearing screenings according to state regulations and school division policy;
- Complies with all Medicaid requirements for school-based claiming, including obtaining written Medicaid consent from parents of all students served and timely filing of claims that meet Medicaid standards;
- Demonstrates knowledge of child growth and development and individual student needs by providing relevant instruction according to the IEP, Personalized Learning Plan, and educational best practices;
- Performs related duties as assigned by the administration in accordance with school division policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Communication Sciences & Disorders
- School experience a Plus
If you are interested in applying to this position, please contact Amy at (770) 225-3017 or send your resume to Amy.Gomez@Bilingualtherapies.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled