S.E.E. Interpreter (Signed Exact English)
We are currently arranging interviews today for a school district about 30 minutes North of Seattle, Washington.
As a Signed Exact English Interpreter is responsible to match signs with the English language. SEE also provides support for the growing number of scholars who use cochlear implants, or residual hearing, allowing them to enhance their communication skills.
To be considered for this position, the state requires a 3.5 or above on the EIPA for Educational Interpreters or RID Certification.
- 1:1 Position/30 Hours/Week
- Early August-End of School Year
- Mostly Individual interpreting
- Identify class team interpreting
- Participate in educational team meetings
- Provide interpreting for extracurricular activities and parent meetings as directed (such as: class field trips, school nights, etc.)
- Monitor the effectiveness of hearing aids and other instruments used to improve students’ ability to receive auditory.
- Provide note taking, tutoring, and other support services when necessary.
- Consult with teachers and supervisors on a regular basis
Call Savannah Douglas at Bilingual Therapies and set up your interview TODAY!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled