High School Special Education Teaching Job- Full Time Hours
- Job Location:
Upper Manhattan, NY
Schools - Special Education Teacher
We are working with a district near Upper Manhattan, New York to fill an opening for a Special Education Teacher.
School Based Professional must feel comfortable to work with students whom have the following disabilities: physical disabilities, sensory impairment (visual or hearing) , speech and language disabilities, learning disabilities such as dyslexia, or emotional, social, and/or mental needs.
As a Special Education teacher, professional would be supporting access to all general education curriculum and would likely provide direct instruction in reading, writing, math, and behavior types of goals. The grade would be PreK-12th aged scholars.
Our ideal candidate would have experience as a Special Education Teacher, preferably at the secondary level. We are seeking an individual that is committed to proving the best service possible in the least restrictive environment. Join our team today !
- Individual Education Programs (IEPs) for each student
- Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups, and individually
- Track student's progress, implement IEP reports, assess student's performance
- Work collaboratively with other Special Education Staff members and parents to promote academic success
- Supervise teacher assistants
- Prepare students for transition from grade to grade
Recruitment Manager, Savannah Douglas
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled